Covehythe in infrared

While I was in Covehythe I took some pictures of the church using an infrared filter on the front of my Fuji XE1 with its 17-55mm lens. With this lens, although exposure times were not too long, I got a hotspot in the centre of the frame, which I have had to remove in photoshop, not totally successfully. This seems to be a function of using autofocus zoom lenses for infrared.The last picture, taken from the footpath, was not photographed on the Fuji but on the D800E using the 24-70mm lens which did not give me such a pronounced hotspot. I have left some of the colour in this one, rather than converting to monochrome. I rather like the flat colours and simplistic nature of this photograph.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ten days on Zuza to St Kilda - 11th June - we go ashore in Village Bay

Ten days on Zuza to St Kilda - 8th June - we go aboard in Oban

Ten days on Zuza to St Kilda - 10th June - Lochmaddy to St Kilda

The Ancient Agora of Athens