Return to Magpie Mine

A couple of weeks ago I had reason to visit Derbyshire and made a return visit to Magpie Mine in the Bakewell area of the Peak District. I had very much enjoyed photographing it before and this time the weather was brighter, with outbreaks of sunshine!
I had a different camera on me, the Fuji XE-1 and 3 lenses, the Fuji 35mm and 2 old Nikon AI lenses both dating from the 70's, a 28mm and a 135mm both f/2.8 but needing to be manually focussed when attached to the Fuji via an adaptor. I am enjoying using this light combination although the Fuji will only take 2 pictures in it's multiple exposure mode, whereas the Nikon can take up to 9. For this reason I did not take as many multiple exposures as they tended not to work so well.
My aim was, as before, to try and get a sense of the place into my pictures.
The last photograph was taken in the tearoom in Monyash, where I refreshed afterwards.






























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ten days on Zuza to St Kilda - 11th June - we go ashore in Village Bay

Ten days on Zuza to St Kilda - 8th June - we go aboard in Oban

A weekend in the Dingle, a damp drive and exciting lichen

The Ancient Agora of Athens