Winchelsea Workshop, down to the beach to stop time

A couple of weeks ago I went on a photography workshop weekend based around Winchelsea. The workshop was run by Lizzie Shepherd and Alex Hare, who made all of us feel comfortable photographically speaking and also as far as board and lodging was concerned.
The 6 participants all arrived at the hotel on the outskirts of Winchelsea at around 1.30pm on the Friday, and after a round of introductions we set out for the beach at Pett Level. Trip Advisor says that Pett Level in no 9 of 56 attractions to see around Hastings! For photographers it must rate more highly than this.
We crossed the high sea wall and came down on to the shingle beach and found that there were numerous, beautifully weathered groins, just being cleared by the sea. We were there to do a bit of long exposure photography and I used a couple of different filters to get different lengths of exposure. Here are a couple of my efforts and then the final one where I have added some textures to give a different effect. I know long exposure photography is a bit of a marmite genre but it does help to simplify the scene. I am away at the moment and only have the jpegs on me but when I get back to my proper computer I will post some mono versions which I think will be more suitable for the suject.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ten days on Zuza to St Kilda - 11th June - we go ashore in Village Bay

Ten days on Zuza to St Kilda - 8th June - we go aboard in Oban

Ten days on Zuza to St Kilda - 10th June - Lochmaddy to St Kilda

The Ancient Agora of Athens