More from the Dark Peak

The second day in the Dark Peak Alan had a cycle race. So once he had gone, I set out on a walk. It was a dry day but there were a lot of cumulus clouds adding some interest to the sky. I had missed the sunrise (it was June!).
The track led out of the farm yard,  over a stream and up on to the moorland and the path to Kinder Reservoir. When I had just got on to the path I was assailed by two curlews who must have had a nest nearby and were flying over me crying.


Some pictures of the reservoir and surroundings.





Hettie tired on the way home



Back into the farm










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ten days on Zuza to St Kilda - 11th June - we go ashore in Village Bay

Ten days on Zuza to St Kilda - 8th June - we go aboard in Oban

Ten days on Zuza to St Kilda - 10th June - Lochmaddy to St Kilda

A weekend in the Dingle, a damp drive and exciting lichen